Spiritual Care Counselor
Job Title: Spiritual Care Counselor
Access to Patient/Family Information: Access to all patient and family information as it relates to the provision of care.
Access to Employee Health Information: Access to personal health information only.
Reports to: Team Manager(s)
Expectation of Employee:
- Adhere to CareFirst Policies and Procedures
- Interacts in a positive manner
- Promotes Mission and Vision Statement of CareFirst
- Actively participates in promotion of CareFirst
- Attends CareFirst Memorial Service yearly
- Keeps all necessary skills current
- Understands the financial concerns of CareFirst and contributes to the fiscal integrity of the organization
- Regularly identifies opportunities for self and organizational improvement
- Checks CareFirst email each day worked. Clinical staff check Suncoast communicator also.
- Meets all metrics as established by supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participated in the initial and ongoing physical, emotional, spiritual and social assessment of the patient/family unit.
- Develop Plan of Care for spiritual needs with IDG, update as needed.
- Implement spiritual aspect of Plan of Care including direct counseling and monitoring the progress of spiritual care referred to other counselors.
- Is available for support to staff in program related matter
- Participates in the spiritual component of CareFirst program.
- Participate in CareFirst IDG meetings.
- Participate in development of policies related to spiritual care.
- Maintain documentation of spiritual services.
- Participate in volunteer training.
- Participate in memorial services.
- Participate in staff and professional meetings for program development.
- Advocate for CareFirst concepts in the community, especially with the clergy.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Function in multiple care settings: home, long term care, hospital.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Minimum one year of training and experience in pastoral/spiritual counseling. CPE training strongly preferred.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate compassionate behavior
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships and maintain clear boundaries
- Exceptional communication skills/counseling skills
- Works well as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Able to plan activities and carry them through effectively
- Able to schedule visits efficiently
- Positive attitude about working with families of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Works confidently within a group.