CareFirst is proud to announce the recent hospice and palliative care board certification of five nurses, which brings the agency’s total of board certified clinical staff to seven.
The following nurses are being recognized for their professionalism, leadership, and commitment to excellence in hospice and palliative care patient care:
- Patience Wulf, RN, DSN, CHPN, Director of Patient Care; CareFirst employee since 2009
- Melissa Joint, RN, CHPN, Education Coordinator; CareFirst employee since 2006
- Suzanne Scheib, RN, BSN, CHPN, Clinical Liaison; CareFirst employee since 2008
- Brittany Buck, RN, CHPN; CareFirst employee since 2016
- Anastatia Sturick, RN, CHPN; CareFirst employee since 2011
- Carol Warriner, RN, CHPN; CareFirst employee since 2010
- Rachel Parsels, LPN, CHPLN; CareFirst employee since 2010
As practitioners in hospice and palliative care, we take great pride in our expertise and commitment to quality at the end of life. Our team of professionals have years of clinical experience, evidence-based practice, and education to draw upon. Their commitment to certification improves patient outcomes, provides compensation incentives and gains industry wide recognition.
“To me, this board certification means love; it is an opportunity to advocate at a most intimate time of life. I am very humbled and grateful to share the gift of hospice, using the highest quality methods I learned during the certification process,” said Rachel Parsels, LPN, CHPLN.
“As a CareFirst nurse, I get to help people who have limited medical backgrounds and teach them how to care for their loved one. To allow them to pursue that dream and make it happen is such a beautiful experience; I’m honored to be a part of that. So for me, hospice is making dreams happen,” said Brittany Buck, RN, CHPN.