Job Title: LMSW
Access to Patient/Family Information: Access to all patient and family information as it relates to the provision of care for social work services.
Access to Employee Health Information: Access to personal health information only.
Reports to: Team Managers
Expectation of Employee:
• Adhere to CareFirst Policies and Procedures
• Interacts in a positive manner
• Promotes Mission and Vision Statement of CareFirst
• Actively participates in promotion of CareFirst
• Attends CareFirst Memorial Service yearly
• Keeps all necessary skills current
• Understands the financial concerns of CareFirst and contributes to the fiscal integrity of the organization
• Regularly identifies opportunities for self and organizational improvement
• Checks CareFirst email each day worked. Clinical staff check Suncoast communicator also.
• Meets all metrics as established by supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide clinical social work services to patient/families admitted to hospice including but not limiting to: personal counseling, group (family) counseling, crisis intervention, benefit determination, advocacy of patient/family needs, information and referral
• Performs psycho-social assessment on each patient/family.
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Coordinate psychosocial needs and services with and for the patient/family and other resources available to the patient/family
• Share in assessment, admission, service availability, treatment plan designs, implementation of services, and review of services and evaluation responsibilities of the team.
• Assists with nursing home application and placement
• Maintain accurate, timely, detailed written record
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of financial and insurance transactions
• Engages in professional development related to hospice, palliative care, and grief
• Participates in IDG meetings
• Participates, as needed, in meetings and trainings with community partners and providers
• Participates in staff and volunteer training
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Master of Social Work (MSW) degree obtained by successful completion of a prescribed course of study at a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• Current valid licensure (LMSW minimum) in New York State
• Acceptable driver’s license and use of automobile during work hours
• One year of social work experience in a health care setting
• Knowledge of federal and state hospice/home care regulations preferred
- Consideration may be extended to a candidate in the event the master’s degree requirement is met but license not yet obtained (or pending) and/or experience requirement not met. In this case, supervision by the social work manager, a licensed social worker, will also include ongoing review of care plans and clinical documentation until satisfactory completion of all minimum requirements (licensure, experience) are met.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effective oral and written communication abilities
• Demonstrate compassionate behavior
• Exceptional communication skills/counseling skills
• Works well as part of the interdisciplinary team
• Able to plan activities and carry them through effectively
• Positive attitude about working with families of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
• Works confidently within a group