A vital part of CareFirst’s mission is to serve as a source of education for our community. We provide guidance on many different issues concerning palliative care, hospice, advanced directives, end of life issues, grief, and many other matters.
We have a flexible team of experts ready to talk to your group at a meeting, church, or dinner. We can provide an in-service to your organization or office. Please give us a call and we can arrange to meet your needs. These educational opportunities are provided free of charge.
- Coping with Serious Illness
- Caring for Someone at Home
- What You Need to Know at the End of Life but are Afraid to Ask
- Hospice Services
- Community Palliative Care Services
- Hospice in the Nursing Home
- Hospice in the Hospital
- Grief and Bereavement
- Spiritual Aspects at End of Life
- Diagnostic-Specific Hospice Programs
- Pediatric Hospice and Palliative Care
- Palliative Care Information Law
- Advance Directives
CareFirst also partners with local agencies in offering education opportunities at our facility in Coopers Plains. Topics include Universal Design, CAPS, Tai Chi, Matter of Balance, and more!